[linrad] Re: Linux Strikes Again

I have commented in previous emails and in several documents the addresses of which I have posted that the UNIONFS folder is there only when the RAMDISK system is in play , when the CD boot is used. It is therefore perfectly logical [and in fact expected] that it will disappear when a Hard drive installation is performed. And as just stated, this behaviour has been documented previously on this list.

There is nothing wrong with the CD that I uploaded in this respect. The scripts are written for CD boot. They are not written for HD boot. If you wish to boot from HD and use the scripts, simply remove the UNIONFS portion of the address from the scripts where necessary and all will work fine.

This issue is not an error or inconsistency of the software. It results from a failure to read/remember previous instructions.

Taking some time to learn just a little bit about Linux, however distasteful that may be, will go a long way in helping one to solve these problems as they arise.

73,

ROger
W3SZ