[linrad] Fwd: Knoppix Live CD is back

Leif SM5BSZ has graciously made space available for the Knopppix Live CD
on the SM5BSZ.com server.

The Newest version of the Linrad Knoppix Live CD is ready for download.

You can download the file by going to Rein's Linrad Database page

http://www.nitehawk.com/linrad_dat/

and clicking on the link that says:

W3SZ's Knoppix_Linrad Link Page.

That will take you to the Link page where you can dowload the Knoppix Live
CD iso, the md5sums file, and brief instructions either in Microsoft Word
format, or unformatted form.

Rein has put together a page where you can report your experiences with
getting Linrad to run on the CD and see the results of others' experiences
as well.

The new CD will stay in terminal mode and loop between offerring to let
you [1] run Linrad, [2] edit libvga.config, and [3] terminate the loop and
go to XWindows. Answering 'y' to the last question will terminate the loop
and Knoppix will go to XWindows.

I hope this is helpful.

The instructions do not yet reflect the fact that the loop now allows you
to edit libvga.config and to stay in the loop after exiting Linrad.

Also on Rein's Linrad Dagabase page

http://www.nitehawk.com/linrad_dat/
is a link
http://www.nitehawk.com/linrad_dat/w3sz_knoppix_linrad.html
to "W3SZ Knoppix Users' page where one can see what does and doesn't work with the Knoppix Live CD for other users, and enter one's experience.

Thank you very much to Rein for putting all of this together.

I am going on a business trip this afternoon and won't be available again
until Sunday.  I don't know if I will have any internet access for the
next few days, and even if I do, there won't likely be much time for it ;)

Have a great week all, and

73,

ROger
W3SZ