[linrad] Re: ./linhd works; but no Linrad at boot from HD; Fwd: [linrad] Goodbye Debian (welcome back as Knoppix)

Because the directory structure changes when the HD installation occurs, my script as written will not work with the HD installation.

As you know, but stated here for the new user, none of this is a problem for anyone using the Knoppix Live CD to boot up. It is only an issue if you have gone to the 'next level' and have decided to repartition your hard drive and to permanently place a Linux installation on it. So if you are using the Knoppix Live CD to boot up, you can ignore all of this.

But if you do install the operating system on the hard drive, the fix to the bootup script is easy. I give it here from memory as I am not in Knoppix as I type this, so check what I say carefully.

To perform the fix, I suggest that you boot up in hard drive installation and go to /etc/rcS.d and edit S80w3szlinradmodified. You might want to save the old version of this file in another directory so that you have it available in case you want to make a Live CD from your installation at some future time. Just change the line
cd /UNIONFS/knuser/linrad-01.33 to
cd /knuser/linrad-01.33

and change the lines [several places]
cd /UNIONFS/etc/vga/libvga.config to
cd /etc/vga/libvga.config

and all should be well.

If not, let me know.

Remove the 'backup' version of the S80... file ending in '~' from the /etc/rcS.d directory so there is no confusion on bootup.

73,

ROger
W3SZ