[linrad] Re: Missing lvgagl in Mandrake 10.1

I don't think that was the case as I made sure that a symbolic was on
it so both locations ok.
I had an odd error on installing svga saying something about the
checksum was wrong so I will start agn and take more note of it
instead of continuing regardless :-).

> > Well, in the 3 cds in Mandrake 10.1 no svgalib/nasm but I got
> > these from their website.

Its a shame that mandrake have dropped these packages from their
freebie distro but at least they are downloadable at no charge. First
impressions of the new 'easier to use' Mandrake are poor, they still
have a long way to go till I would recommend this to my grannie :-)
I will let you know if I have success (before the xyl kicks me out of
the shack this evening hi)

73 de Dave

On 10 May 2005 at 17:35, leif@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > Hi Leif
> >
> > Well, in the 3 cds in Mandrake 10.1 no svgalib/nasm but I got
> > these from their website.
> > Problem is that the make fails to work...
>
> > gcc -O -W -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type -Wformat \
> > -Wunused -Wcomment -Wchar-subscripts -Wshadow -Wuninitialized \
> > -Wparentheses -Wstrict-prototypes -Werror -ffast-math -fforce-mem \
> > -fomit-frame-pointer -c -o vgatest.o \
> > vgatest.c
> > gcc -ovgatest -lvgagl -lvga -lm -Wl -s vgatest.o
> > /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lvgagl
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > make: *** [vgatest] Error 1
> > Any ideas?
>
> The files libvgagl.so and libvga.so are not at the expected places.
> (Someone else had this problem but he was too frustrated and did
> not supply enough information.)
> These files typically reside at /usr/local/lib and that is
> a place where gcc looks for them. You could place copies
> whereever your gcc looks for lib files or you could change
> the paths for where gcc looks.
>
> You might then get an error when trying to start Linrad. That time
> it might say that libvgagl.so.1 is missing. A similar problem....
>

> I will install Mandrake 10.1 and see what I can do to the configure
> script to make it install automatically.
>
> 73
>
> Leif  / SM5BSZ
>
> PS. I posted this at the Linrad reflector. DS.

Dave Edwards (G7RAU)
dave@xxxxxxxxxxx
dave.edwards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://g7rau.demon.co.uk/