[linrad] Here I go again

I decided to try once more using W3SZ's  Knoppix 3.8 file.

I finally figured out how to get into Linrad, but now I have sound problems and when I try to get beyond the opening screen I get the following:

modprobe: FATAL error running install command for sound_slot_0 (this is shown a total of 3 times)
INTERNAL ERROR: 1007 (error=19)
routine: open _audio_input  file:setad.c
Failed to open audio input
Check Sound system!!!
If OSS is used, start sound with the soundon command
maybe set up file '"dsp-uiparm" is incorrect
Use u=A/D and D/A setup in the main menu

1) The sound works, at least in Win ME. ( Daily I thank God for Bill Gates and Windows)
2)  If I try the u option in the setup screen I get a failure again.
3)  The sound card is a 16 bit ISA Soundblaster.
4) I have a PCI soundcard, but it requires powered speakers, and the set I ordered arrived damaged(Yesterday). Waiting for
     replacements.

Please, any guidance?

73
Mike, W5UC