[linrad] Re: HomePNA patch in 2.6.x for net-installs; Re: [linrad] Re: SVGALIB 2.9.19 under Debian

It is a good think to have a Linux gurú near you! ;-)

After installing Knoppix all graphics functions work perfectly so one can
try to kick-start the network from there. Upon boot DHCP does not work on
the HomePNA-card eth0 so the quick fix is:

In the console change to superuser 'su' and execute 'rmmod pcnet32'  ...

Then execute 'modprobe pcnet32 homepna=1'  ....

Subsequently the Knoppix tool for Network Card setup is launched from
the toolbar and DHCP is requested (Yes). After this the Browsers run!

Of course the next step is to force this situation by properly config-
uring the various start-up files, so that Knoppix will boot by itself
into an operating connection. However, that is still beyond my scope.

It is a good thing that Linrad can be installed in all Linux distributions! It will be good more standarization among Linux distros.

I do not have knoppix installed on the hard drive, but as is Debian based, it will use the same config files in /etc/. So I think the stuff will be in /etc/modprobe.d/something.

As soon as I have one operational 'Linrad' system on one of the PC's,
I will submit that information to the 'Linrad' User Data Bank.

http://www.nitehawk.com/linrad_dat/

The latest versions of crucial software seem to be svgalib 1.9.20 and
lir01-33  - - probably best to continue with those under kernel 2.6.x

               Good luck to all!       73, "Zaba"  OH1ZAA/2