Re: [linrad] Fedora, mandrake, and debian

Good post Ramiro!

At 15:25 05/01/14 +0100, you wrote:
>The most important value of Debian is the perfect
>upgrading system and the effort of the community in providing a secure
>system. You only need a command to upgrade to the latest versions all
>the system.

Yes, it can be upgraded every day automatically if you want!
Although I don't do it automatically but do manually every week or so.
In addition, there are so many Debian how_to over the net.

>Even with the new installer, perhaps you will have some trouble getting
>the X window system, but it usually do not represent any big trouble.
>Some /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file editing  will do.

You write the key point here!
That's why I always keep working "/etc/X11/XF86Config-4" to somewhere
so that this important configuration file not be changed by upgrade,
sometimes 'upgrade' changes it.
In my experience, X-window problems were solved many times editing
or replaced by the older one kept.

>Give it a try, do not abandon in the next two or three days, and you
>never will go back. What in the beginning is more difficult, magically
>turns easier in the long term.

Need only patient, after all different world of Linux!

Kohjin - JR1EDE

--
Kohjin Yamada - JR1EDE
QTH: PM95tg