Re: [linrad] Re: M-Audio Audiophile 192 Soundcard

thanks for your investigations and considerations about the Audiophile 192 sound card. Bob, I seem to recall that you performed some extensive tests on the Delta 44 comparing it to other cards. Do you have any data to back up or to deny my suspect that it has a fixed cut off frequency in its anti alias input filter? Does Linrad use it at 96 kHz sampling rate? What are the results? A second (and last) question to you all. Am I right in saying the 4 input channels are needed only if you want to use x-pol antennas ? Or are there other circumstances where having 4 input
channels can be of benefit ?  Thanks.

73 Alberto I2PHD (Trying to understand whether buying today a Delta 44 is a good move...)

Robert McGwier wrote:

I spoke to them and to OSS (4Front) they were not terribly helpful.
When I started OSS it called it a Delta 44 equivalent.  It did not work.

The other problem as I see it is that the voltage range it covers is very
large indeed.  The Delta 44, Lynx L22, etc. sport two ranges -10dBv and
+4dBu (the latter being larger).  The Audiophile has a much larger peak
to peak voltage range than +4dBu.  This means modifications would be
required to interface to a particular piece of hardware such as WSE,
SDR-1000, etc. to do anything that approaches using the dynamic range of
the A/D's properly.  Gerald Youngblood, AC5OG, purchased one with the
hopes that it would do a good job with his SDR-1000.  I am uncertain
what he thinks about it now.

For $200 or less, it is stil hard to beat the Delta 44.

Bob
N4HY

.