To: <linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, January 08, 2005 8:01 AM
Subject: [linrad] Front end for Linrad

I was thinking it would be relatively easy (in theory at least) and worthwhile doing a GUI frontend to set up all the various parameters and windows etc in Linrad as all these are held in various text files. The main signal processing would still occur as now, because of the need for rapid processing and video access. However,all the various testing and setup routines would be somewhat easier in a graphical interface, and some context sensitive help could be added. This would make the package a little easier for new users I am thinking of training myself up in a suitable language such as wxPython or possibly C++ using the Trolltech Qt program. Most of the work for a GUI has already been done in these packages, with widgets already written for most common GUI objects. It might take a while so dont hold your breath!

Does anyone think this is a good idea? Alternatively has anyone already done any work on this?

Richard