[linrad] RE: Calibrating the WSE modules

When you calibrate, you select a desired frequency response.
You may wish to have these responses different for different
modes. The reason would be that a response with less steep
skirts will generate a nicer pulse response that could be
beneficial for the noise blanker but the disadvantage will
be that the flat region becomes smaller.

You can get into the calibration mode by pressing X instead
of selecting A for the RX10700 unit in tune mode (as you
do in all other modes) I will add that on the menu for the
next version.

I typically select very sharp corners when doing some kinds
of measurements but I have not investigated whether it
really matters. In case you use Linrad with a normal SSB rig
you will typically have different frequency responses depending
on whether you select USB or LSB and then you can have different
calibration functions that fit the two cases in different modes.

It is not critical, to start with you can copy calibration files
from one mode to all other modes except the txtest mode because
in txtest mode Linrad uses only one of the channels so the
calibration files are different. (If you set up the soundcard to
use only one of the RX channels, then the calibration files fit to
the txtest mode)

73

Leif

> I have been trying to use the ANALOG HARDWARE TUNE mode
> to set up the RX10700 unit and always receive the same
> message "Calibrate the RX2500 (Read the file: CALIBRATE)".
>
> I have run SOUNDCARD TEST MODE and I can generate two
> files; dsp_test_corr and dsp_test_iqcorr. Do I now copy
> these files as dsp_tune_corr and dsp_tune_iqcorr and
> then run ANALOG HARDWARE TUNE?
>
> 73
>
> Niels, G8RWG

LINRADDARNIL