RE: [linrad] RE: soundcard duplex mode

Hi Rob,

I tried to install RedHat 9 on my 200MHz MMX but I can not
figure out how to do it. Seems like the kernel on the CD
is compiled for an I686....

It works fine on my PIV computer, I tried to cecompile the
kernel but was unable to figure out how GRUB works. They claim
(in the big book I got the CDs with) that everything is so much
simpler now - but to me it is in the opposite way. I follow
the instructions, they are more complex and in the end I can not
boot the new kernel.

I suspect oss3991h-linux-x86-v26.tar which is the one I use
now with Fedora will not work under those old distributions
that I can boot on my MMX....

In any case the problem is most likely OSS and I think they will
help you out. Should there be problems, I can supply an old OSS
version that works with an older Linux distribution.

73

Leif