Re: [linrad] Linrad installation and first impressions

Hello Chris,

Congratulations on the progress.

What version of ALSA are you using ?   Latest is 1.0.4
What version Linrad ?

I am using Suse 9.0 pro with the normal distribution of ALSA like
version 0.9.6 and I was having problems.

I changed to the OSS drivers and everything came up fine and I am
playing with Linrad-01.18 now.
OSS deleted all of the ALSA drivers and loaded all of the oss drivers I
needed, automatically.

Can anyone point me to where I can download  Linrad-01.18a   ?

Stan, WA1ECF

Christoph Petermann wrote:

>Hello Leif and friends,
>
>I have my Linrad installation running on my Linux SuSE8.2 now (yes 0.19
>now). There are still some problems I do not understand so far concerning
>the sound input. I have the ALSA system installed, where also exist some X
>GUIs for use with KDE. There is a tool called ALSAMIXER, which works. After
>restarting the computer I loose the settings and it always takes me a while
>to get it running again. After fiddling around with the sound "regulators"
>it suddenly decides to work.
>
>At first I tried the AF out of my IC820 transceiver. I reduced AF with a
>resistor voltage divider for a reasonable level. This work and I tried
>receiving  the LA8VHF beacon, which is always audiable at some 600 km. Very
>fine: It could be resolved even turning the antenna completey out of
>direction. I used a sample rate of 6000Hz
>
>!! When trying to move the skirts of the filter in CW-EME mode - Linrad
>decides to crash with a segmentation fault; every time.
>
>I was not content with the performance on the IC820H so I decided to take
>the low IF out (center 12 kHz) of my TenTec RX320D receiver and a sample
>rate of 48000kHz. I have a 144-28 MHz converter with ring mixer. Now I am
>able to see a ca 20 kHz portion of the 2m Band with a quite flat response.
>Again the CW EME mode crashed, but beeing very careful I could use the mode.
>So I tried to copy some EME signals. KB8RQ was no problem in CW at moonset,
>but I also could read W9UWA with his four antennas. I am impressed. I use a
>single 9 element DK7ZB style at 15° elevation with an MGF1302 at the
>antenna.
>
>So I have a lot to understand, but it makes fun.
>

>73 de Christoph DF9CY

LINRADDARNIL
<