Re: [linrad] Linrad Questions

Hello Joe,

I have also sustained some set backs in the past few days.

I have no clue on what to do with the video issues. except to:
./vgatest  at the resolutions you expect to play at
and the    ./mousetest   to verify that the mouse is playing.

Under my SUSE 9.0 and YAST, (under ncurses) I can exercise or test the
sound card outputs thru a local speaker.
Im am currently using ALSA sound card drivers and the  alsamixer -c0
or -c1    command will start up a mixer board.
My shotgun approach is to set all volume levels to about 50% and un-mute
all inputs and outputs, for both sound cards.
I can mute unused ins and outs later.

I have a Delta-44 and a Soundblaster 5880 , both pci soundcards. I am
avoiding the complexities of the motherboard
AC'97 sound.

The   hwinfo --sound      command will show some status of the 2 sound
cards and may give some clues.

I am  at runlevel 3 for command line , text,  commands   to avoid my
lack of knowledge of the gui applications.

Last thursday night I got LINRAD running and could see and hear my 1000
Hz test tone.
However, the output was from the Delta 44 card. not the soundblaster card.

Last night I concluded that my mouse was not operating properly, a
generic ps/2 type.
under the app    ./mousetest    and svgalib-1.9.18  I got a out of scan
range error.

Stan, WA1ECF