Re: [linrad] Newbie's first impressions

Thanks for the encouraging report Joe, I must get back to this project.
I kind of gave up when I had hardware (sound card) problems.

It has been so long since I tried Linux that when I booted up my dual
boot system in RedHat 7 today I couldn't remember a thing about it. I
eventually figured out my root password but then could not find how to
set up my IP address so that I can connect to the other computers on
the network....

I know there is a GUI on my Linux somewhere, but cannot recall how to
fire it up... the RedHat installation manual is about as useful as a
chocolate fireguard.

Think I'll start again from scratch.

One question, how did you transfer the files you needed to your Linux
Box? - Did you connect to the Net or copy over the network, or use
floppies?

73

David

LINRADDARNIL