Steps involved
    download source svga-1.4.3.tar.gz
    copy to /usr/local/src
    gunzip
    tar
    cd svga-1.4.3
    make install
    (ignore errors)
    cp /usr/local/src/svgalib/sharedlib/vgagl.so.1.4.3
/usr/lib/vgagl.so.1  (copy- note vgagl is not at /usr/local/lib and the
links didnt seem to work)
    (same for libvga.so.1.4.3)

I tried various linrad distros - rpm didnt work as it couldnt find libvgagl.
Eventually used the source

    download bzip2 and install
   download linrad01-15 and copy to working directory
    bzip2 -xf linrad01-15.tgz
    tar -xvf linrad01-15.tar
   etc as in instructions

Many thanks for your patience
Now I can start learning all the intricacies of FFTs etc - fascinating!

I have a DDS board using the AD9854 which can give quadrature output to
60 MHz or so.
I will set up a direct conversion I/Q frontend using a "Tayloe"
architecture with the FST3125 quad switch and a couple of opamps.

Richard
VK6BRO

I ignored the errors and in fact libvga and libvgagl were in a different
directory