[linrad] Delta Audiophile 2496 input levels

Hello,

recently I got a Delta Audiophile 2496 sound card. Currently I am only using it under Windows, but Linrad is my later goal. In the mean time I am using it for Spectran, where it is really fine to sample with 96k and then have a really fast running display, e.g. in the MMC.

There is only one problem which I was not able to solve: While I had to externally attenuate my input signal with all of my previous sound cards in order not to overdrive the input (so the level that came from the TRX was much too high), the Delta 2496 cannot become saturated at all. E.g. on Spectran I can only get around 20% of the level, on WSJT the noise level can be set to be -5dB in the maximum.

By the way: I am still using W98 here. There is no Windows sound mixer available when the Delta 2496 is installed, the only mixer application is the M-Audio mixer (nice grapical design).

Are there any hints what to do in this case?

73, Günter, DL4MEA