[linrad] Re: Linrad-02.pre

Hi Guenter,

> here is a short report of what I experienced:
>
> I tried this SW on my W98 machine, 800MHz Athlon processor and
> a Audiophile 1496 sound card. I was unable to encode anything
> from the input. Nothing on the waterfall.
Can you record from this soundcard with the W98 standard
software? If you can, Linrad should also work - but you would
have to set the soundcard parameters (U on the menu) to fit
the true hardware capabilities.

> Then I switched on my motherboard integrated sound card (if
> I am correct it is a VIA chipset) and got the signal.
>
> The output is possible on both, so either on the the Audiophile 1496
> or the intgrated one. But the output is "blockwise", so only
> fragments of the input arrive and it is not continous.
Unknown error that I do not see here.

> Where can I download such a windows executeable from the older
> versions of linrad, linrad-01 for example?
Not possible. They are Linux only.

The big structural change from 01 to 02 is done in order to
allow a Windows version.