[linrad] Re: Can not query hardware under windows

Hi Daniel,

> Here is a short report on my experience with Linrad 2.0
>
> Just tried to get Linrad 2.0 running under Win2k.
> It will not recognize the Delta44 nor the on board AC97 sound.
> There is an old ESE Solo PCI soundcard still pluged into the mainboard that
> I used for some experiments when running under Linrad under Linux.
> This is the only card Linrad does recognize ;- ).

> Available soundcards
>
> 0 fmts = fff ESS Solo
> Can not query hardware under windows
>
> How do I help the Delta 44 to be recognized?
> Will it be possible to run a second card (AC97) for output only?

It is generally believed that Windows is so much easier than Linux.
THAT IS NOT TRUE AT ALL and you have just given one example.......

You have to find the Windows drive routine for the Delta44, then
you have to install it properly using the Windows tools.
You also have to install the AC97 properly under Windows;-)

"Can not query hardware under windows" is a statement from
me (the programmer.) I can not. I can just get the text string that
describes the card but I do not know how to find out what
capabilities it might have. The user has to know............

73

Leif