[linrad] Re: Linrad-02.00a

Hi Rein and All,

> I have linrad 2.0a working now with a single SB16 sound card on the slow
> WIN98SE
> machine 400 Mhz.
> It is saving the par files fine now.
>
> I selected the sample freq as 8000 Hz for the input but the program did
> not ask for the sample rate for audio output SB16 Wav out.
>
> I have still the same problem that if I select "0", SB16 wave in, for
> normal mode ( single channel RX )
> the program will not accept this ( error "stereo device does not support
> mono" )
>
> This is, I suppose an error message by Leif, the linrad programmer )
No, it is what the device driver reports. Some day I might add something
to the code to allow a single channel by skipping every second data word.
I have the same problem under Linux with my laptop but oddly enough
the laptop works with both mono and stereo input under Windows!!!

> Perhaps there is an answer
> why this message gets generated it does not happen in the linux versions )
>
> Whether is it the 400 Mhz or not, but there is an instability
> Every so often the spectrum gets written at a much higher horizontal
> speed ( time-axis )
> and then drops back to the normal speed and a popping sound gets
> generated. at that time
> ( no audio from rx supplied )
It is still a bit early, I will soon upload the next version
Linrad-02.00c which might be a little better... You tested 00a
but 00b which I uploaded yesterday might already have solved
some of the instability problems.

Adding some code to pick every second data word for a stereo
device will not be too complicated, but that will have to wait
untill Linrad-02.xx is reasonably stable.

73

Leif