[linrad] 96 KHz sampling rate wave file

Hello, All!

Yesterday I uploaded to the webpage
http://home.comcast.net/~w3sz/index.html the file
http://home.comcast.net/~w3sz/weakccs144m2rotor.zip

The signal consists of a 144 MHz beacon made weak by putting it in the
null of my eme array and also coing to cross polarization.  I then hit it
with nearly constant pulse noise.

The zip file contains the input file and then output files from Linrad and
Winrad.  The file weakcss144m2rotor.wav is the input file.  The files
linradweak...wav are output files from linrad.  The files winrad...wav are
output files from winrad.  All the output files were made using the same
input file, just noted, and running it thru either Linrad or Winrad with
various options enabled.  They provide a demonstration of how well the two
programs work here at W3SZ.

The zip file also contails an example adwav file for Linrad, and the
calibration files for Linrad for 96000 Hz sampling I/Q with single
polarization.  With them, one can use both the smart and the dumb blankers
on Linrad with the input file included in the zip file.  If you don't have
a calibration file you can't run the smart Linrad blanker and then you are
missing a MAJOR step forward in noise reduction that after several years I
still find truely amazing.

Here is a list of file contents:

adwav  the text file that linrad uses to select wave files to play if '3'
or '4' is selected from main menu.  put it in the linrad directory.  if
your directory structure is different than mine, you need to make your own.

dsp_ssb_corr  the linrad calibration file for ssb mode  put it in the
linrad directory

dsp_ssb_iqcorr  the linrad I/Q calibration file for ssb mode  put it in
the linrad directory

dsp_wcw_corr the linrad calibration file for wcw mode  put it in the
linrad directory

dsp_wcw_iqcorr the linrad I/Q calibration file for wcw mode  put it in the
linrad directory

linradweakccx144mwrotorcw30.wav 144 MHz beacon with intermittent pulse
noise, linrad receiver in cw with 30 hz filter, smart and dumb noise
blankers on

linradweakccx144mwrotorssb3500.wav  144 MHz beacon with intermittent pulse
noise, linrad receiver in ssb mode, 3500 Hz filter, no noise blanking

linradweakccx144mwrotorssb35002nb.wav  144 MHz beacon with intermittent
pulse noise, linrad receiver in ssb mode, 3500 Hz filter, smart and dumb
noise blankers on

weakccs144m2rotor.wav  144 MHz beacon with intermittent pulse noise, raw
96000 Hz sampling rate I/Q file to be used as INPUT for linrad and winrad

winradweakccs144m2rotorcwpknbnr50.wav 144 MHz beacon with intermittent
pulse noise, winrad receiver in cw mode with cw peaking, noise reduction,
and noise blanker all on.  50 Hz filter used as it sounded better than 30
Hz filter

winradweakccs144m2rotorusb.wav  144 MHz beacon with intermittent pulse
noise, winrad receiver in ssb mode, no noise blanking or reduction or cw
peaking.  3500 Hz filter

winradweakccs144m2rotorusbnbnr.wav  144 MHz beacon with intermittent pulse
noise, winrad receiver in ssb mode, with noise blanker and noise reduction
on  3500 Hz filter

The input file consists of the W3CCX 144 MHz CW beacon made weak by
putting it in the null of my eme array and also going to cross
polarization.  I then hit the array with nearly constant pulse noise while
listening to the beacon.  This allows one to demonstrate the effectiveness
of the programs at noise reduction.  First listen to the plain ssb files
.  Then listen to the ssb files with noise blanker, etc.  Then listen to
the CW files.

If you have a 96000 Hz sampling rate sound card and if you are feeding it
with an I/Q source [96000 Hz wide, two channels 90 degrees out of phase]
then you can create your own 96000 Hz wide source files as I did for the
above.  Just use Cool Edit or something similar and set the sampling rate
to 96000, select stereo, and 16 bits, hit 'record', and you are off and
running.

My files were made using the WSE Hardware that Leif SM5BSZ made originally
for use with Linrad.  This hardware is available from Leif and you can
find information on it at:  http://www.sm5bsz.com/wse/wse.htm

73,

Roger
W3SZ