[linrad] Brief correction

Hi, All,

I said in an email yesterday that I had my c addon to Linrad working fine with Etch and Linrad-02.03.  That was not quite correct.

The addon worked fine with Linrad in mode "D" or SSB mode.  But today I was on the air and went to use it in mode "A" or WCW mode, and it sent incorrect results to the FT1000.

As my addon just takes frequency data generated by Linrad with no regard to the mode Linrad is in this was quite a surprise.  It suggests to me that there is something that has changed in an unanticipated  way in the WCW coding in version 02.03 of Linrad.

I used to derive my frequency data like this:

/*
freqpre=fg.passband_center;
freqpre=freqpre*10E6;
freq=(mix1_fq_mid[fftx_nx]);
freq=freq*10;
freq=freq+freqpre-480000;
freq=freq*100;
*/
where fg.passband_center and mix1...are linrad variables.  This now gives erroneous results when in WCW mode.

I now derive my frequency data like this:

freqpre= hwfreq*1000000.0 ;
freq=freqpre;

where hwfreq is a linrad variable.

This works fine in both WCW and SSB modes.

I will post a corrected copy of the file to my website, since the modified file should work with old Linrad versions as well.

73,

Roger
W3SZ