[linrad] users_hwaredriver.c added features

Hi, All,

I put a zip file and a tar file containing my Linrad users_hwaredriver.c file and some support files on my website at
http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz/Lin-2-1000MP.htm

The page supplies some explanation. To download, just go to the bottom of the page and click on 'zip.file' or 'tar file'.

Each archive file contains a copy of users_hwaredriver.c that includes:

1.  Leif's routines to control the WSE hardware

2. my routine to take frequency data from Linrad and send it out the serial port to FT1000MP.

3. Leif's routines for putting a user_window on the screen to allow entry of user_parameters while Linrad is running

4.  my modifications / additions to #3

These modifications are so that one can enter a frequency shift parameter [par2 in the program, labeled SH(Hz) in the user_window] using the user_window on the Linrad screen to fine tune the frequency sent to the FT1000 by #2, so that the FT1000 is brought to exactly the same frequency as the Linrad hardware [whatever that happens to be] so that should the Linrad hardware and the FT1000 and its transverter drift apart over time the resulting delta-f can be brought back to zero without having to recompile Linrad [which is what I had to do before adding this routine].

The value of par2 is easily optimized using Spectran or the WSJT waterfall [for example], and just feeding in to whichever of those programs is used the audio signals from both the Linrad hardware and the FT1000, and adjusting par2 on the Linrad screen until the signals are superimposed on each other on the Spectran or WSJT waterfall.

I use this on two meters, so the IF frequency for the transverter I use with the FT1000 to transmit on 144 mHz is 116 MHz. This is of course subtracted from the Linrad receive frequency before sending the frequency information to the FT1000. So that this scheme can be used with other transverter intermediate frequencies, the transverter IF frequency is also adjustable via the user_window. This variable is par1 in the users_hwaredriver.c program, and is labeled SH(Hz) in the user_window.

These two parameters could of course have been combined into one, but I find it easier to set the "IF frequency" [in this case 116.0] once and then leave it alone, and to just enter subsequent small adjustments due to drift directly in Hz, rather than having to type in 116000000000.621 rather than just 621 when the frequency has drifted slightly and needs to be adjusted by 621 Hz, for example.

The archive file also contains some files of the form "aaxxxxxxxx" that put the user_window at a reasonable position on the Linrad screen and set the initial values for par1 and par2 [and save the new values of the user_window positions and the par1 and par2 parameters for subsequent sessions if they are changed]. If you don't have the file 'junkfile', which is an empty file, in the Linrad directory then Linrad will crash when a mode is entered by typing 'a' or 'd' or whatever, as it looks for this file immediately upon entering a mode. This file is included with the support files in each archive.

Have a great weekend all, and

73,

Roger
W3SZ