[linrad] Linrad-02.05

Hi All,

There have been many reports on problems during setup.
Some of them are probably due to insufficient ram memory
(Too large storage times selected.)

Under svgalib the user has the option to select whether
mlockall should be used to detect swapping to disk. This
works fine on older computer where it is really important.
I assume older computers are run with older Linux
distributions;-)

Modern distributions do not always behave well. Fedora
crashes completely. The call to mlockall never returns
so there is no error code to act upon....

I had intended to never use mlockall under X11 since
the graphical interface is not very useful on small
computers anyway. Unfortunately I made it the other way
around so the memory locking was always enabled.

In 02-05 the user has a choice - and some other parameters
are also set (mouse and screen) so there is a good chance
that the parameters set under X11 will be ok for svgalib.

73

Leif  /  SM5BSZ