[linrad] Re: Linrad 02.05 part II, svgalib version.

I do not undertand why this happens,  because I chose "N" to the question:
"use mlockall to prevent swapping ? (Y/N) " -----> "N"

This is a trivial bug. There should have been a test if(ui.memloc==0)

Ok. The xz() function has been a very efective way of finding where the crash occured. Thanks for the tip!

In 02.06 and later renamed to if(ui.no_memlock == FALSE)
I have started to use TRUE/FALSE for variables used as boolean variables
and sometimes the variable name has to change to reflect whether
a 0 or a 1 matches what the name suggests. (I do not want to change
parameter values)

Understood.

Early like this the mlocall call seldomly fails, that is why I never
detected it. As a temporary solution, just remove the line lir_lock_mem();

Yes, mlockall fails with consistence here within linrad, but if I do this simple program never fails here.

#include <sys/mman.h>
#include <stdio.h>

void main(void){

int i;
i=mlockall(MCL_CURRENT);
printf("returned value is %d \n",i);

}

It always return a 0 value and never crashes

Who knows!!  :-)

73, Ramiro.

There will be a greatly improved Lir-02.06 tomorrow:-)

We will wait for the new version!!!!

Thank you very much!!!