[linrad] WSE Control

Hello, All,

I have put a 'finished' version of the Windows WSE Controller on the web at:

http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz/WSEControl.zip

This ZIP file contains:

WSEControl.exe , the Visual-Basic-derived .exe file

inpout32.dll , the dll file to go in the windows systems directory, to allow printer port device control under Windows [necessary to use this program]

hwinterface.ocx , an ocx file to be used if compiling your own programs to control parallel port with VB [though you need a few other files too]

and the readme.txt file that came with the dll and other files in question.

http://www.logix4u.net/inpout32.htm hs the dll and example files, etc.

The WSE Controller controls the frequency of the WSE whether you are using the RXHFA HF module or the RX144 module as the front end, and allows you to listen to 160, 80, 40, 20 or 2 meters, or 10 MHz with the WSE hardware.

I am also having fun listening to the bands using the WSE hardware with this controller and 'Rocky', a simple SDR with no frills. It is nice because it can exist as just a small window at the top of the Windows XP screen and I can listen to the bands while doing other things on the computer. Check it out at:

http://www.dxatlas.com/rocky/

If you try my WSE Controller let me know how it works [or not] for you. Remember that you need to put the dll in the windows system directory. I suspect that you also need the usual VBRun files, but I haven't checked that out as ALL of the machines here already have them in place.

73,

Roger Rehr
W3SZ
http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz/