[linrad] missing from main hash table

Hi All,

My Debian Etch has been completely stable and I have
not rebooted it for months. Recently I tried to
change back to ALSA after a sucessful install of OSS
while OSS was running. That failed but seemingly did no
harm. After stopping ALSA I tried to remove and then
reinstall ALSA with apt-get and at the same time I
also made a upgrade of all installed packages.
Everything went seemingly well.

After a while I tried to reboot the computer - and
that was impossible. It could not find the root file system. Trying to rescue, then install without
formatting turned everything into a disaster......

Luckily I keep a second hard disk with mailbox and
backup of everything so a complete reinstall of Debian
over the Internet has brought me back to where I was
before with ALSA running fine:-)

There is only one problem (of which I am aware
right now)

When compiling linrad or xlinrad I get a very long
list of error messages like this:

/usr/bin/ld: symbol `GCC_3.3' missing from main hash table
/usr/bin/ld: symbol `GCC_3.3.1' missing from main hash table
/usr/bin/ld: symbol `GCC_3.4' missing from main hash table
/usr/bin/ld: symbol `GCC_3.4.2' missing from main hash table
/usr/bin/ld: symbol `GCC_4.0.0' missing from main hash table
/usr/bin/ld: symbol `OLïïï' missing from main hash table
/usr/bin/ld: symbol `T' missing from main hash table
/usr/bin/ld: symbol `Tï$ï' missing from main hash table
/usr/bin/ld: symbol `Y_mu' missing from main hash table
/usr/bin/ld: symbol `Yïïïï' missing from main hash table
/usr/bin/ld: symbol `_Unwind_DeleteException' missing from main hash table
/usr/bin/ld: symbol `_Unwind_DeleteException@xxxxxxxxx missing from main hash table
/usr/bin/ld: symbol `_Unwind_DeleteException@xxxxxxxx missing from main hash table
/usr/bin/ld: symbol `_Unwind_GetGR@xxxxxxxxx missing from main hash table
/usr/bin/ld: symbol `_Unwind_RaiseException' missing from main hash table

The linrad executable seems to work properly but
I do not want to see this long list since it hides
what the compiler and linker was writing before it.

Do I have to install old gcc versions or is there
something else I can do?

Anyone who knows?