[linrad] Re: Linrad & slew-rates; Re: [linrad] Homebrew I/Q-chains and Op-amps, compiling Linrad

Hi Zaba,

> It seems that the hash table is no show-stopper at present, according
> to Leif's recent observations. Lasse/OH5XP advised me to use additional
> commands like  xhost +localhost  as Knoppix does not allow direct root
> logins like in the old pre-version4 days. In between I ran 'alsaconf'
> for running sound. I get some xlinrad starts, but the following few
> error messages I get consistently:
>
> When trying to save the parameters (W):
>
> [1029]routine:thread_main  file: menu.c
> Failed to open/create the file par_user int
Seems you try to run as non-root. Surely that
should be no problem at all, but you need permission
to create a file in the currently logged directory.

Typical solution:

grep 1029 *.c

This will point you to a call: lirerr(1029).
(and perhaps a few irrelevant other things)

When looking it up you would find:
    file = fopen(userint_filename, "w");
    if (file == NULL)
      {
      lirerr(1029);
      goto menu_x;
      }

You are not allowed to create this file.
(Do not as me why. I am always allowed to do everything
because I am always the super-user...)

> When trying to set sound configuration (U):
>
> [1016]routine:set_analog_io  file:lsetad.c

It is the same thing. You do not have permission to create
a file.