[linrad] Re: MAP65 and Linrad Network

HI Leif and all,

Many thanks for your most helpful response.

I had more or less figured out your explanation of userx_no, and now I understand that I *do* have a high-side LO in the RX10700. Well and good.

I should have remembered that FFT Version 5 is floating point. I will use it in future for FFT1, since my computer supports the SSE instructions. I will try setting up the amplitude margins for the downstream processing as you describe.

I've noticed one interesting thing while playing with MAP65 today. Even though I have assigned its "recvpkt" thread an "ABOVE_NORMAL" priority, I can cause it to drop UDP packets by having Windows do various things. (For example, starting up the Windows Task Manager.) The number of lost packets is normally small (say 1-5), and since there are some 33000 packets in a one-minute data block, the losses are probably negligible. I will watch it, and probably put in a warning flag or something.

If anyone is interested in testing an early version of MAP65, please let me know. I can probably make one available fairly soon. You will need two computers with a network connection between them. The MAP65 computer should have 1 GB or more of memory.

	-- 73, Joe, K1JT