[linrad] Re: PCM2900 sound chip in Linrad

Hi David,

> I have not yet found how to set up Linrad to compensate for one channel
> of a sound card having a delay. The PCM2900 chip seems to have this problem.

A delay difference between I and Q will cause a phase error that grows
linearly with frequency. In Linrad there is a calibration procedure that
will compensate for an arbitrary variation with frequency of both phase
and amplitude errors. The reason is that anti-alias filters (such as
those used in the WSE units) would be extremely difficult to match
between the channels. The calibration should take care of the delay
so there is no feature in Linrad to treat it as a special case.