[linrad] Re: [beta-MAP65 using]

Hello Ermanno,

> The first impression is extremely positive particularly way the
> management of the automatic polarization also on signals that I was not
> able to see on the screen of Linrad.
???????
Something is wrong here. In case you want the highest sensitivity and
set Linrad parameters accordingly, you should see everything in the Linrad
waterfall all the way down to signals that are too weak for sync to
be established in MAP65. Admittedly this will not be easy in case you
want to see the entire 90 kHz bandwidth while you have many spurs that
would fill the waterfall with signals everywhere. In such cases you could
zoom the Linrad waterfall to show 1 pixel per fft bin or you could
run watzo to allow fast zoom all over the band.

> I have written directly to you because on the mailing  I don't succeed
> to send attached files.
>
> possible improvments:
>   1) Set tx-frequency as QSO Freq. even using the same routine of the
> Linrad (users_tr.c)
> 2) syncronize the time from a PC to the other so that they have lined up
> perfectly or ignore the time sent from Linrad completely.
I think there are standard programs that do the time synchronization.
In principle the decode routine should use the time stamp from Linrad.
Today it is not particularly accurate, but in the future Linrad might
change to give the correct time for when the first sample of each
data block was actually read by the A/D converter. For JT65 high
accuracy on timing is not needed, but other things may be developed
in the future...

The timing for the transmitter should be controlled by MAP65 or
whatever software one uses for transmit. The delay from the
A/D read in Linrad until the data arrives in MAP65 may change
by fairly large amounts depending on the Linrad parameters.