[linrad] Re: linrad make errors

Hi, Dan,

First of all, you need to install NASM. You can get it with Synaptic, which FC6 would have I think, as I think Synaptic has RHL roots. IF you don't have Synaptic, then do apt-get install nasm or sudo apt-get install nasm if you are not root.

Once you do that, I think things should install fine. The other no's are not a problem:

As far as I know, none of the usual distros of Linux come with OSS installed by default at this time. FC6 is no exception. That is why you have the first set of no's. I mostly run linrad on systems without OSS, though I have it on a few systems still. Only install it if you have a problem you are very sure OSS will fix.

The second set of no's are because you have not defined a users_hwaredriver.c file to run any special hardware you might have. There is no need to do so in all probability. If you want to see an example of such a file go to:

http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz/users_hwaredriver.c

This may not be an absolutely uptodate file; I don't racall if it is the latest version I made or not. I use it to send commands to my FT1000MP Mv V. This version uses the serial port. The windows version [wusers_hwaredriver.c] can send the commands over a network to another computer with a serial port hooked up to the FT1000. I cheat and just write to a file and have another program I wrote send the data over the network.

http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz/wusers_hwaredriver.c , also not necessarily the latest file.

vagl, etc are no's because you don't have svgalib installed. You do not need it installed to use/run xlinrad which is what I run here these days. I do not miss svgalib at all ;)

Otherwise things look fine to me. The important questions are all answered 'yes' as far as I can see.

Leif has excellent infor on how to get going on his webpage. If you need more, then check out the first 3 links [MS WORD document, MS WORD tables for the document, and figure 1] under the first heading, "General Review of DSP / SDR Techniques and VHF and Up Operating" on the webpage:

http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz/start.htm

Good luck, and report back with any problems / questions.

73,

W3SZ
Roger Rehr
http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz

Quoting Dan Sawyer <dansawyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Good morning,

Linrad fails to build on FC6. Below is the output. Configure had a normal end but there seems to be lots of 'no' status.

Thanks - Dan

nasm -w-orphan-labels -felf -s hware.s -o hware.ol
make: nasm: Command not found
make: *** [hware.ol] Error 127

checking for /usr/lib/oss/soundcard.h... no
checking for /usr/local/lib/oss/soundcard.h... no
checking for /lib/oss/soundcard.h... no
checking for /var/lib/oss/soundcard.h... no
checking for /opt/oss/soundcard.h... no
checking for /root/oss/soundcard.h... no
checking for /usr/lib/oss/include/sys/soundcard.h... no
checking for /usr/local/lib/oss/include/sys/soundcard.h... no
checking for /lib/oss/include/sys/soundcard.h... no
checking for /var/lib/oss/include/sys/soundcard.h... no
checking for /opt/oss/include/sys/soundcard.h... no
checking for /root/oss/include/sys/soundcard.h... no
checking for /dev/dsp... yes
checking for /dev/sound/dsp... no
checking for ./users_hwaredriver.c... no
checking for ./users_hwaredriver.c... (cached) no
checking for ./wusers_hwaredriver.c... no
checking for ./wusers_hwaredriver.c... (cached) no
checking for ./users_hwaredef.h... no
checking for ./users_hwaredef.h... (cached) no
checking for ./wusers_hwaredef.h... no
checking for ./wusers_hwaredef.h... (cached) no
checking for ./users_extra.c... no
checking for ./users_extra.c... (cached) no
checking for /etc/rc3.d/.... yes
checking for /etc/init.d/rc3.d/.... no
checking for /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/.... yes
checking for gcc... gcc