Re: [linrad] Difficulties

Hi, Leif,

The files that I was playing with for which I needed the 24 bit function were noise files from India that came by way of the linux-dttsp mailing list. Alberto already sent you the links. If you have problems downloading them let me know.

You might want to subscribe to the dttsp email list and Bob and Frank and Alberto are active there and a lot of interesting [to me] ideas float aroung there.

It is a Yahoo group at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dttsp-linux/?yguid=115792248

The file links are from VU2RDD. In case you don't have them, here are parts of the two dttsp emails that have the links:

Sorry for the delay, Frank. It is at:

 http://www.zerobeat.in/dttsp/2007-08-26%2015_14_53.flac

It is an IQ wav file captured using Rocky with a newly built (just
finished it last weekend, yet to do more extensive tests) Softrock
RXTX v6.2.

Here are two files that I captured, one last night and one this morning.

On the one captured last night you can hear one of the Chinese/Russian
Military CW station transmitting on Ham Bands at 7065.5.

1. http://www.zerobeat.in/dttsp/rocky_28_08_2007_2250.flac
2. http://www.zerobeat.in/dttsp/2007-08-29%2002_20_19.flac

The band was surprisingly quiet this morning. I will provide more data
in the coming days..

73
Ramakrishnan, VU3RDD

73,

W3SZ
Roger Rehr
http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz

Quoting Leif Asbrink <leif@xxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi All,

The main route I am following for the Linrad development
is now the Tx side. At the moment this means hardware so
I can not do anything meaningful while not at home.

To have something to play with on the beach (I will be
in Tunisia for a week soon) I would like to have some
challenges on the receive side:-)

Do you have a recording of a signal that you can not quite
copy for one reason or another? QRM, QRN, keying clicks or
splatter from nearby stations or other problems. Also SSB
that can not quite be copied simply because S/N is not
good enough would be interesting.