[linrad] Re: Difficulties

Leif,

I have always thought that your recordings of the Leonids meteor shower when you were having lots of powerline noise were excellent test objects! I use them for examples here.

There are on my website some recordings from July 2003 of 20 14 MHz with lots of powerline noise that totally covered up some weaker stations, that could only be copied after processing with Linrad or Winrad. But you have already worked on these, as did Alberto. I don't have anything tougher than these, although I think they are tougher than Ram's files from the past 2 weeks.

The stuff is at:

http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz/linradnoise.html

I have put short post-processing excerpts from these files on the web though they are not yet referenced in a webpage:

1.  without Linrad noise blanking
http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz/no-nb.wav

2.  with Linrad noise blanking
http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz/both-nb-on.wav

That way those who can't play around with Linrad can hear its benefits.

73,

W3SZ
Roger Rehr
http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz

Quoting Leif Asbrink <leif@xxxxxxxxxx>:

hello Alberto and Roger,

About your request, recently there has been an interesting
message on the dttsp-linux group, which I attach below. Maybe
you could try to process those files with Linrad and see
what comes out. The files are compressed with the tool FLAC,
and a free decompressor can be found here :
http://cyberial.com/flacinstaller.asp
When decompressed, they become normal WAV files.

I am looking for difficulties. Sure the second file is
difficult because I do not understand the language used in
the SSB transmission....

The first file is easy copy - or would be if the CW was a little
slower - my ability to copy high speed is not very good.

I would be interested in a recording where someone has had
real difficulties to copy when using his best tools:-)

Roger Rehr
W3SZ
http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz