[linrad] Re: Linrad-02.39 and Linrad-MAP65

Hi Leif,

I would not worry. I assume that it means that I haven't set my parameters optimally, or that I have so many birdies that they are hiding under a birdie or mistaken for one. I just thought it was 'cool'; kind of like finding a station when tuning an old fashioned radio with knobs on a band that you thought was 'dead' ;)

I have had such good experience with Linrad that I have never sat down to learn the theory and optimize things for my particular setting. The 'defaults' do very well for me, and I just do a little tweaking without as much thought as I should put into things. SO if you must worry, worry about my IQ deficiency or my curiosity deficiency and not a Linrad deficiency ;)

OK on the second question. I thought the address of the NIC to be used was something easy to change in the Linrad code. Knowing its not, I will delve into how these things are handled by the OS and see what I can do [unless someone pipes up with the answer and saves me the trouble] ;)

Thanks again for all, and

73,

W3SZ
Roger Rehr
http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz

Quoting Leif Asbrink <leif@xxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi Roger,

I have been playing with Linrad and MAP65 and have made several EME
contacts this way.  It is a lot of fun, and truly amazing.  MAP65 finds
stations that I do not see on the waterfall with my usual [aggressive]
parameters!
This worries me a lot. I know you mentioned this before and I have
been worried ever since. It would be interesting to have a file
that contains an example. It should last at least 4 minutes so one
can see the 1 minute on/off pattern of JT65 to distinguish from all
the spurs that are likely to be present.

I would like to be able to specify which of the two network cards in my
Linrad computer is the one that Linrad uses to send the data to the
MAP65 computer, as that way I will not tie up my network by blasting it
with the multicast and won't have to disconnect this computer from the
network each time I want to use Linrad and MAP65.

Is doing this as simple as specifying sin_addr [which I found in
network.c} somewhere?

I really do not know, but I have a feeling that this has to be done
outside Linrad with a network tool of some kind. I hope someone else
will know better:-)

Roger Rehr
W3SZ
http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz