[linrad] Re: Linrad-02.39

Hi Joe,

> Another problem is the files are probably low bandwidth, 3-4 KHz audio
> files.  And almost certainly uncalibrated.
Well, low bandwidth makes them useless, but there is a lot of
wideband hardware out there now. SDR_14, SDR-IQ, SDR-1000, softrock
and many more. People should have files at 48 kHz bandwidth at
least even though they might hesitate to upload such files to
the Internet because of the size.

> > With four softrocks you would need 8 analog inputs so a Delta44 would be
> > inadequate. There is the Delta 8?, an 8-channel version.
> > The hardware we should look for is something using a good VHF-sampling
> > A/D like the LTC
>
> I believe it is possible to sync two D44s together, but I haven't looked
> into it.
I have no idea, but they sell Delta 88 (or whatever the name is
and that is already 8 channels)

> The HPSDR Mercury board should be interesting when it becomes
> available (http://hpsdr.org/wiki/index.php?title=MERCURY).

I think we will have to wait for a couple of generations.
All the decimation steps have to be synchronized, and the bandwidth
will become pretty small if one goes for 4 or more channels.
I would like a similar design, but designed for multichannel from
start and with much more bandwidth.

73

Leif