Re: System Gain

Dave,

I'm not sure exactly how the SDR-14 differs in architecture from my
SDR-IQ,
or how Leif has implemented the control of gain/attenuation through
Linrad,
or indeed how the 144MHz input works - presumably through a converter
down to 28MHz.

But ... the first thing I would be checking is that you are not
inadvertently using some
front-end attenuation in the SDR-IQ, as I found I was with the SDR-IQ.
When I unplug the 28MHz input to my SDR-IQ, the Linrad noise floor
drops by about 17dB.

My 2p-worth.

73  Guy VK2KU