[linrad] Re: Windows Timing Issues and WSE Control

ROger Rehr wrote:
This is a brief note regarding a windows timing issue that bit me when
I wrote the WSE control program for windows. I am hoping my posting it will save someone from hours wasted.

 Hi Roger,

in Windows, apart from using the HighPerformanceCounter, very precise being a hardware counter, but not waitable on, the best way to achieve an acceptably precise timing is to use the so-called multimedia timers. They are meant for musical applications, MIDI timing etc. and as such they are reasonably accurate. But of course Windows is not a real time operating system... nor is Linux, for that matter, unless you use a special kernel meant for that.

73  Alberto  I2PHD