[Linrad] Re: Quartet Soundcard and Linrad and Windows

HI Jeff,

I am far from an expert in this area.  Leif suggested to me that what I
am seeing might be a function of Linrad's using the standard drivers
rather than ASIO or other driver.  The Realtek AC97 in my laptop
resamples 'silently', I know from experience.

If you set WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE to 'n' then it appears that resampling
will be prevented, at least in this particular case.

Others on this list are experts in this area, and I will defer to them...

73,

W3SZ
Roger Rehr
http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz