[Linrad] Re: Leif de Jeremy

Leif Asbrink wrote:

 > I will allow the ultimate call:SetPriorityClass(GetCurrentProcess(), REALTIME_PRIORITY_CLASS
 > in the next Linrad version. Seems silly that such a thing would be required.

IMHO that's a very bad ideea. When a process runs in the REALTIME priority class,
the rest of the PC is almost frozen...

If I interpret correctly what Joe said, maybe you should allow the user the specify as priority
the Above Normal class, not for the process, but for the thread. So you leave the process priority
at its normal level, but increase just the priority of the critical thread(s), i.e.
SetThreadPriority((HANDLE) Handle,  THREAD_PRIORITY_ABOVE_NORMAL)
where Handle is the handle of the thread whose priority you want to increase.
I use this in Winrad for the audio precessing worker thread, and it works beautifully.

73  Alberto  I2PHD