[Linrad] Re: Error: MAP65-IQ 4KHZ not MHZ

As a part of the add-on routines for Linrad I wrote in 2005 to control
my FT1000 transmit frequency from Linrad, I added a box to the Linrad
receive display screen that allows adjusting the transmit radio's
frequency to within 1 Hz.  If you are interested, it would be simple for
yout to extract the applicable code and recompile Linrad and thus have
it available to you.

Note that the new versions of my software addon no longer send the
frequency directly to the radio as did old versions of my software.
Instead, they writes the frequency information to a disk file [anywhere
on the network] and an external routine [written in Visual Basic or
Trubo Delphi or whatever you want] reads the data and sends the
frequency info to the radio.  I did this to make it easier for me to
send data across the network, and so that I wouldn't need to recompile
Linrad each time I got a new radio.

The desired code resides in users_hwaredriver.c for Linux or
wusers_hwaredriver.c for Windows.  I placed these files on my website,
but renamed them so that you don't get them confused with any other
versions that you might have on your computer already.  You would need
to rename them using the nomenclature immediately above in order to
compile them with Linrad.

I have placed files that were compatible with Linrad as of 1-26-09 at:

> http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz/users_w3sz.c for Linux
> http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz/wusers_w3sz.c for Windows

There are both some explanatory text and some old versions of the code
on the OLD pages below [one is for Linux the the other for windows], You
can ignore what you don't want.  The tar and zip files contain OLD
versions of the code.  Don't use them; use the links above if you are
going to recompile Linrad.

Linux:
> http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz/Lin-2-1000MP.htm
> http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz/users_hwaredriver.zip
> http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz/users_hwaredriver.tar

Windows:
> http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz/lin2ft1000mp-win.htm
> http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz/wusers_hwaredriver.zip
> http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz/wusers_hwaredriver.tar

I originally set this up so that I would be right on frequency with my
transmitter when I used WSJT with Linrad during the EME contests.  I
have since changed my setup so that any of multiple instances of Linrad
running on any computer on the network can control the frequency of any
rig on any other computer via the program WriteLog, which runs on
another computer on the network, for terrestrial VHF/UHF/Microwave
operation.  But I still use the original Linrad wusers_hwaredriver.c
routines, which have been periodically adapted as necessary as Linrad's
structure changed.

73,

Roger Rehr
W3SZ