[Linrad] Giving up on SDR-IQ and Moving to Sound Card

I am sort of giving up on the SDR-IQ.

I plan to connect an amplifier to the loop in to my sound card.

I have searched for the spec for the sound built into the motherboard,
but, the results are too big for me to find it, yet.  I am still
looking.

I have never played with audio on any computer system. I understand the
hardware in a general sense. However, I see two audio devices,

> lspci | grep -i audio
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801JI (ICH10 Family) HD Audio
Controller
01:00.1 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc RV620 Audio device [Radeon HD
34xx
Series]

> lshw -class multimedia

*-multimedia
product: RV620 Audio device [Radeon HD 34xx Series]
vendor: ATI Technologies Inc
physical id: 0.1
bus info: pci@xxxx:01:00.1
version: 00
width: 64 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: pm pciexpress msi bus_master cap_list
configuration: driver=HDA Intel latency=0 module=snd_hda_intel
*-multimedia
product: 82801JI (ICH10 Family) HD Audio Controller
vendor: Intel Corporation
physical id: 1b
bus info: pci@xxxx:00:1b.0
version: 00
width: 64 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: pm msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list
configuration: driver=HDA Intel latency=0 module=snd_hda_intel

Looks like these are the same device?

> xlinrad
And, I see
Dev device sample-rate channels bytes modes
no file min/max
---- ------- ----------- ------- ---- ----------------
63 /dev/dsp 1000/192000 1 2 4 1 2 RDONLY WRONLY RDWR

Is the max sampling rate really 192KHz???

I select this (only) device

Not RDWR

If I select sampling speed as 192000, I get an error later, stating the
sampling
speed is > 190078
So, I enter sampling speed 190078

Then, I have a choice of 4 items
1 One rx channel (normal audio)
2 One rx channel I/Q
3 Two rx channels (adaptive polarization/phasing)
4 Two rx channels I/Q (adaptive polarization/phasing)

I choose 1. But, I would like to get I/Q. What do I need for this?

In general, how much gain do I need in front of the sound card?