[Linrad] Re: Linrad 03.06 and SDR-IQ

Hi Thomas,

> # shutdown -r now
>
> # sudo ./xlinrad
Did you really type B here?

A is to select the input device and hopefully detect the SDR-IQ.

> The SDR-IQ is not found.
>
> # lsusb
> Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0403:6001 Future Technology Devices
> International, Ltd FT232 USB-Serial (UART) IC
>
> So, the SDR-IQ is there.
Yes, but that does not say wherher the kernel module is loaded or not.

The script usb_sdr14 which ic produced when you do "make sdr14"
is stored in /etc/linrad and it should be automatically executed
when you do a reboot. You may try to ececute it in the linrad
directory where there is a copy.

sudo ./usb_sdr14 start

This command should give an error message saying something like:
insmod: error inserting '/etc/linrad/modules-2.6.18-6-686-bigmem/ft245.ko': -1 File exists

If you see no error message, the command should have loaded the ft245.ko
module. (and if you repeat the command the error should appear)

> What am I doing wrong?
If it was not A instead of B under the U menu I think you will find that
ft245.ko was not loaded. This could be one of the nasty security things
in Ubuntu. Perhaps you would have to really log in as root in terminal
mode to be allowed to store a file permanently in e.g. rc3.d

The make sdr14 command installs symbolic links in /etc/rc3.d and you should
see them as e.g. /etc/rc3.d/S96usb_sdr14

If you see these links after running make sdr14 but not after a reboot
the problem would be the security features of Ubuntu.