[Linrad] Re: Running Linrad on 2 computers through a network : Help

Hi Gaëtan,

> I still have to "play" however because the master computer is sampling
> the band at 192 kHz while the slave is a laptop with max 48 kHz
> sampling capability. Nevertheless, there should be no impact as the
> slave computer is not sampling. My purpose is just to listen (then
> only the D/A plays a role on the slave I guess) on the slave what has
> been sampled on the master.
Sampling rates are determined by the input device. With the network
as input you will get the 192 kHz of the master if you do not have
switches and/or other things in your network that limit the data rate.
The slave will fill in zeroes for missing packages so the input rate
in the slave will remain 192 kHz anyway.

> So, I'm still wondering how to do it (sending Raw, FFT or resampled BB
> from the master to the slave ?)
> I'm going to investigate this, unless you have an advise that would
> allow me to save some testing time ?

I do not know what you want to do so I have no idea what to suggest;-)

73

Leif