[Linrad] Re: Linrad - MAP65 communication

On Jul 22, 10:09 am, Leif Asbrink <l...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Rein,
>
> > After having been running in the monitoring / decode
> > mode for hours without problems, I wanted to try
> > the send mode in MAP65.
>
> > There is a problem here. As soon as the send cycle in MAP65
> > starts, Linrad stops. This might be correct or not , though I think
> > it is not.
>
> This is certainly incorrect. I think the reason is that the
> USB channel looses data. Under Windows that causes the input
> to stop and you should see a message "No input" in the lower
> left corner of the Linrad screen with a counter that slowly
> steps up to show Linrad is actually alive.
> .> When the 48 seconds send period has past, Linrad does not
> > not come back to life. As a matter of fact it is not responding to the
> > "X" key strokes any longer,
> > "Netsend" is still on in this state,
>
> You may try to ease the load on your computer by setting "Second
> forward FFT version" to 2. You may also set the second FFT window
> to 1 as well as not click any signal in Linrad.
>
> You may also try to run Linrad in higher priority and/or MAP65
> in lower priority.
>
> > It worked one time perhaps out of 15 tries. At that time, one could
> > hear linrad's video at the same time as the WSJT tones for the
> > modulation.
>
> "Linrad's video" ???? Please describe what you refer to.
>
> > The only sound card is used by Linrad and by MAP65
> > to output modulation tones.
>
> Then you should set up Linrad to not use it at all for output.
> (It is in the U menu.)
>
> > I then disabled ths sound card in Linrad.It did not make any
> > difference.
>
> > A message on linrad where the CPU load number is visible, appears
> > "No input" and t 1335 where it seems the 1335 keeps on incrementing.
> > MAP65 shows the red No rx data.
>
> Yes:-) The USB has stopped because some other process was holding
> the CPU for too long. Maybe you have visual effects enabled? Other
> programs running? A safe solution is to place MAP65 in a different
> computer....
>
>   73
>
>  Leif

  > > There is a problem here. As soon as the send cycle in MAP65
> > starts, Linrad stops. This might be correct or not , though I think
> > it is not.
>
> This is certainly incorrect. I think the reason is that the
> USB channel looses data. Under Windows that causes the input
> to stop and you should see a message "No input" in the lower
> left corner of the Linrad screen with a counter that slowly
> steps up to show Linrad is actually alive.

  The message "No input' appears there also with a slowly
   incrementing counter,

> .> When the 48 seconds send period has past, Linrad does not
> > not come back to life. As a matter of fact it is not responding to the
> > "X" key strokes any longer,
> > "Netsend" is still on in this state,
>
> You may try to ease the load on your computer by setting "Second
> forward FFT version" to 2. You may also set the second FFT window
> to 1 as well as not click any signal in Linrad.
>
> You may also try to run Linrad in higher priority and/or MAP65
> in lower priority.
>
> > It worked one time perhaps out of 15 tries. At that time, one could
> > hear linrad's video at the same time as the WSJT tones for the
> > modulation.
>
> "Linrad's video" ???? Please describe what you refer to.

   For video please read audio ( tones from MAP65 during
   send and the beacon signal I was listening to.
   Sorry for the error.

> > The only sound card is used by Linrad and by MAP65
> > to output modulation tones.
>
> Then you should set up Linrad to not use it at all for output.
> (It is in the U menu.)
>
> > I then disabled ths sound card in Linrad.It did not make any
> > difference.
>
> > A message on linrad where the CPU load number is visible, appears
> > "No input" and t 1335 where it seems the 1335 keeps on incrementing.
> > MAP65 shows the red No rx data.
>
> Yes:-) The USB has stopped because some other process was holding
> the CPU for too long. Maybe you have visual effects enabled? Other
> programs running? A safe solution is to place MAP65 in a different
> computer....

  Is this that MAP65 expects data to stream again at the end of the
  send period? Or data to start coming in and if not it stops?

  For Joe to answer I guess.

  I have problems with this, because MAP65 works with stops and starts
  in the data stream via the "P" and "B" linrad menu keys.

  May I assume that because temporary cpu overload or lack  of
  memory linrad stops transmitting or perhaps gets kicked out of the
  Sendmode and not recovers from this interruption?

  Should the data stream remain not interrupted during the start of
send
  or send period?

  I will try next your suggestions to changes of the FFT2 and or peak
  selection in LInrad.

> Results of these test follow.

   73 Rein