[Linrad] Re: Linrad - MAP65 communication

On Jul 22, 9:55 pm, Rein w6sz <rein...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jul 22, 10:09 am, Leif Asbrink <l...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > Hello Rein,
>
> > > After having been running in the monitoring / decode
> > > mode for hours without problems, I wanted to try
> > > the send mode in MAP65.
>
> > > There is a problem here. As soon as the send cycle in MAP65
> > > starts, Linrad stops. This might be correct or not , though I think
> > > it is not.
>
> > This is certainly incorrect. I think the reason is that the
> > USB channel looses data. Under Windows that causes the input
> > to stop and you should see a message "No input" in the lower
> > left corner of the Linrad screen with a counter that slowly
> > steps up to show Linrad is actually alive.
> > .> When the 48 seconds send period has past, Linrad does not
> > > not come back to life. As a matter of fact it is not responding to the
> > > "X" key strokes any longer,
> > > "Netsend" is still on in this state,
>
> > You may try to ease the load on your computer by setting "Second
> > forward FFT version" to 2. You may also set the second FFT window
> > to 1 as well as not click any signal in Linrad.
>
> > You may also try to run Linrad in higher priority and/or MAP65
> > in lower priority.
>
> > > It worked one time perhaps out of 15 tries. At that time, one could
> > > hear linrad's video at the same time as the WSJT tones for the
> > > modulation.
>
> > "Linrad's video" ???? Please describe what you refer to.
>
> > > The only sound card is used by Linrad and by MAP65
> > > to output modulation tones.
>
> > Then you should set up Linrad to not use it at all for output.
> > (It is in the U menu.)
>
> > > I then disabled ths sound card in Linrad.It did not make any
> > > difference.
>
> > > A message on linrad where the CPU load number is visible, appears
> > > "No input" and t 1335 where it seems the 1335 keeps on incrementing.
> > > MAP65 shows the red No rx data.
>
> > Yes:-) The USB has stopped because some other process was holding
> > the CPU for too long. Maybe you have visual effects enabled? Other
> > programs running? A safe solution is to place MAP65 in a different
> > computer....
>
> >   73
>
> >  Leif

>   > > There is a problem here. As soon as the send cycle in MAP65
>
> > > starts, Linrad stops. This might be correct or not , though I think
> > > it is not.
>
> > This is certainly incorrect. I think the reason is that the
> > USB channel looses data. Under Windows that causes the input
> > to stop and you should see a message "No input" in the lower
> > left corner of the Linrad screen with a counter that slowly
> > steps up to show Linrad is actually alive.
>
>   The message "No input' appears there also with a slowly
>    incrementing counter,
>

> > .> When the 48 seconds send period has past, Linrad does not
> > > not come back to life. As a matter of fact it is not responding to the
> > > "X" key strokes any longer,
> > > "Netsend" is still on in this state,

> [...]

Leif,

     par_ssb file modified to:

     Second Forward FFT version [2]
     Second FFT window [1]
     No traces selected.

     Linrad reports 17.9 % CPU load

     Windows Task Manager reports:

     LInrad.exe   18 - 22 %    CPU    16 MB Memory
     Map65.exe           5%    CPU   237 MB Memory.

     Looking at the CPU load in Linrad, it drops to 0 - 1 % at the
     very moment I hear the WSJT tones coming out the speaker.
     Mod drive for transmitter ( not connected )

     After transmit cycle is finished Linrad CPU load varies between
     1 % ,  peaking as high as 8 %
     So indeed, Linrad is still alive or at least partially.
     No data transmission to MAP65 or updating screens.
     in Linrad.

          73 Rein W6SZ