[Linrad] Re: Linrad, MAP65, Windows XP, MAP65 I-Q, Firewall exceptrions

Hello Rein,

> I will wirte a detailed setup page shortly.
>
> My apologies for all the bandwith for trying to find a
> solution for my problem here. and thanks for all the
> answers and contributions.

Hopefully your new page will make it easier to get started
with the Linrad/MAP65 combination. There is also the page by
Gaëtan, ON4KHG to help to make life easier for newcomers.

"All the bandwidth" has given me a better understanding of
the problems so I have modified the network setup. Just a few
words, but hopefully enough. I have also rewritten the first
part here:
http://www.sm5bsz.com/linuxdsp/run/network.htm

I think that the small changes would have been sufficient
to make you avoid the problems you had. Exactly how to
set up a firewall is another thing - but once you know
where the problem is it should not be too difficult:-)

It is not so easy to be able to write the relevant information
without feedback. There is a zillion interesting things that
one can write about - and with too much information it will
become impossible to find the relevant pieces.....