[Linrad] Re: 64 bit driver

Hi John,

> Will there be situations where fewer cores will work when more cores don't?

I do not think so.

It could be possible to design a program bug in such a way that two
threads that execute simultaneously in different cores would corrupt
data for each other so they would get into infinite loops. With one or
two cores only the threads might not actually run simulteneously...

I think it would be very unlikely to have any such bug by accident
and I can not imagine more cores would do any harm to a program
that behaves anywhere near as desired...