[Linrad] Re: USB

Ken wrote:

I would add that the HPSDR Mercury/Penelope receiver and transmitter use the USB approach too (though the Ozy USB interface card) and so is independent of sound cards.

I noted with some interest that I2PHD is looking at a WinUSB driver for Ozy and while his intention is to use it for WinRad, it seems to me that it should be relatively (?) easy to adapt an successful code to Linrad. This should provide support into the future (Windows 7 including 64 bit version).

As a matter of fact, I have already a Winrad DLL for HPSDR ready and working, which uses the WinUSB driver architecture.
I am releasing its source code under the LGPL licensing scheme, keep an eye to the HPSDR list.

73  Alberto  I2PHD