Re: Fast computers.

Leif Asbrink wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> In the old days (not many years ago) the processing power
> of computers was a limiting factor.

I am impressed at the flaming hoops you are having to jump through in
order to merely get audio in and out with Linux. You are a hero for
keeping at it all these years. My head hurts just thinking about it.

I am reminded of a very rudimentary DSP project I participated in in
my university days, ~1976. It was running on the new and exciting
Motorola 6800 evaluation board. :-)  We were getting an amazing
throughput of about 35 samples/sec  :-|  But it was simple! With such
a small memory, it had to be very simple, but elegant at the same
time. Also useless :-(

I am getting the impression that using our complex, general prupose
computers to do very specialized tasks is getting harder, not easier.

Anyway, I salute you for your efforts, and here is hoping that help
arrives soon in the form of an ALSA expert.

Al