Re: Linrad and Tac32

I tried the suggestions I had [1] found by googling and [2] posted in
an earlier email, and neither worked.

So I googled some more and I just found and tried this approach to
locking in priorities and it DOES work:

http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-3913-Making-a-program-remember-its-priority.html

For example, for my computer here, to set linrad to high priority I
make a shortcut by right clicking on linrad.exe and then doing 'Send
To' and 'Desktop (create shortcut)' and then once the shortcut has been
created, modifying the target of the shortcut by rightclicking on the
shortcut on the Desktop and selecting 'Properties' and changing the
'Target' to be:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c START /high C:\Linrad\linrad-02.39\linrad.exe

for example, and when I start linrad by running this shortcut, it sets
the priority for linrad to 'high'.

Leave the parameter 'Start In' and everything else in shortcut
properties for linrad.exe the same, except for 'Target' which you
change in a fashion analogous to the above to be correct for your
system.

So THIS method is shown to work here at w3sz.   ;)

73,

W3SZ
Roger Rehr
http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz